What is Consular Processing?
Consular processing allows for individuals who are abroad and are a beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition to apply for permanent residency(green card) in the U.S. from a U.S. consulate abroad. For other options in obtaining legal permanent residency and a green card, click here.
Steps for Consular Processing
- Determine which categorgy of immigration you fit in.
- Have an immigrant petition filed on your behalf: Family-based, Employment-based, Special immigration cases, or through Humanitarian Programs
- Wait for a decision on your petition.
- Wait for Notification from the National Visa Center
- Go to your appointment.
- Notify the National Visa Center of any changes
- Visa is Granted
- Recieve your Green Card
- For more information see the detailed list from the USCIS website.